Finding your voice

Wednesday 11 January 2012

"It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent. "
-Madeleine Albright

This is one quote I most connect with. My focus here is more on finding our voice,finding our light of creativity and taking it to levels that surpass all qualms of anything and everything limiting the floodgates of creativity to crash open.  


Each of us are bestowed with magnificent gifts for life! And we were blessed with gifts so we can focus all our energy into learning what life meant to teach us and how we shower that love back to our lives.In other words, what we communicate with The Universe and what the Universe in turn reciprocates lies our real answer!

Creative Energy 
Research Psychologists feel "Creativity has been pegged to conducive environments,perfect collaborators, personality traits, serendipity, and even spiritual muses." And that increasing  innovative thinking,sometimes encourage patients to use artistic expression as a way to confront difficult feelings.


I can totally attest to that,Because ,I think that is how most of us evolved. Trying to express our souls through various ways writing, painting ,singing, dancing, photoshooting, making films and much more than my mind can think of at the moment!


When I was younger, like 15 or so,just like any teenager I had those awful mood swings.It was those very times I let my ideas run wild.I penned poems on nature,love,togetherness and when I missed a friend who moved out of the country,I had written poems of loneliness,sadness and more sorrow. I mean ,the reason is small, but the ideas and the thoughts we impact from it is far from huge.And deep down all the merry poems I wrote or a litany of morose matters that spewed through my diaries,I felt a small pleasure of contentment! I realised..."Oh,I can write!" And no sooner than that,realised ,writing was my vent. I mean ,not now,but during those cloudy days of my life.So that was phase I of my journey to creativity.

"Give voice to what you know to be true, and do not be afraid of being disliked or exiled. I think that's the hard work of standing up for what you see."
-Eve Ensler

Entering phase II ,I found the transition confounding.And mostly,challenging! That was because I was an amateur to blogging, I was perturbed by thoughts like, What kind of impressions people would harbour about me. I never knew then , that the secret to creativity was and is lying in the world of our own.Something you are giving back to yourself. Sharing something you already know but bringing it to life,like almost giving those inanimate energy of ours a voice to speak for itself(which in my case is writing,dancing,swimming and lots more).That is when I gauged my writing through My soul! My eyes! and My brain! I unconsciously & now consciously reassure myself that I  would never compare myself or view my work through the eyes or mind of someone else.

Because being YOU is unique.Being YOU is being YOU.And that's so special.Nobody in this world can stop you from choosing your means to express the rainbow colors of your soul.This planet houses more that a million people.And one brain is One mind-blowing powerhouse.So for more than a million people..multiply! Do the math.


In my line of thought,one needn't be dying to straighten out something he is faltering at.I think by accident( that's how we'd to call it right!;)) we attract thoughts to perfect ourselves.Like,I entered phase III without even knowing I did but it happened!!! 

A creative soul is constantly self-searching and self-improvising! Overcoming the gnawing fear of breaking the stereotyped norms leading to what one can really call "creativity".It doesn't stem out of the known.But from the depths of our unknown.Our soul is an abyss of poems on love,joy and innocence. And our negativity is merely an outcome or a juicified version of our joys! It arises out of expectations we have from people we love.And it is in giving  life to our thoughts ,breathing that fresh breath of cherished life in our thoughts what becomes Creativity.

I'd like to sign off with one quote that'll keep lingering in your hearts and souls striking the chord of relentless love;of Creativity! 

"We're changing ourselves to fit the world instead of changing the world to fit who we really are."


12 comments:

  1. Kavi said...:

    I'm gonna be taking a break from writing on my blog until May. But looking forward to reading all your motivational posts! :)
    :*
    Love,
    Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

  1. Do peek in here once in a while,Babe! Your presence gives me that extra confidence.Really!!:)

    Truckloads of luv :*

  1. Kavi said...:

    Also, why don't you change your blog design, introduce an index section and all? I know you're doing this coz you love to write .. But by making it easier to access, you'll attract a lot of like minded people. :)
    P.S: I have many templates. Drop in your email ID. I shall send them to you
    Gn!

  1. Kavi said...:

    Of course I shall! Also, add the follow by email widget here so that your posts are mailed straight to my inbox! :)
    Love,
    Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

  1. Alright! Sounds good to me.I just thought I'd do that after I give shape to my blog,you know quality-wise! :)I'll message ya.

  1. Kavi said...:

    quality comes with practice, patience and doing it again and again and again! :) Anyhoo.. I'm gonna sleep now.. Class at 6 am! :| Gn Love! :D
    -
    Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

    (P.S: You're probably wondering why I'm leaving the link to my blog every-time! No reason. Just habit :D)

  1. Jen,i was a person who thought i could never be more inspired.

    So,as a forlorn attempt, i started to read the above, and knew that i had to feign about how it overwhelmed me.

    But guess what,it worked!!
    The post is impeccable and it is sure to help the people waiting to read it.and as for those like me,it surely reminds us of 'that' forgotten little component in us,which can make all the difference in our lives!!

    great work Jen!
    cheers!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Truly inspiring post... Being unique is what's it's about!!!
    Love it.
    thanks so much
    xxoo

  1. *Kavi,I'll do just that.Nothing wrong with carrying your signature blog wherever you go. :))

    *Thanks Aslem.I'm happy this material inspired you which in turn inspires me to write more. :))

    *Tracie,Ofcourse! :)) So glad you came by to read!!
    xoxo

  1. Kavi said...:

    What is your favorite flavor (like in cakes, cookies and all)
    Do you like custard?
    what is your favorite fruit?

    (Leave a comment on my blog for the reply.. I'm just making a scrapbook, for future reference :D)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Wow Jennifer:)! What a beautiful post! So much insight! So many really wonderful words:)! I truly enjoyed reading this! Thank you for sharing with the world-we need the reminders:):)!!

  1. Oh it gives me sooo much happiness you took the time to read this,Daisy! :) And Thanks!! :)
    Lotsa Luv :)

 
Twitter Bird Gadget